Through our Centering Pregnancy® program, women or couples who have similar due dates meet regularly as a group with their health care provider, sharing information, concerns and developments.
As a result, women are able to spend more time with their health care provider while also developing a sense of community and emotional support. Centering Pregnancy® is a fun and exciting way to learn and grow together through one of life’s greatest adventures.
As part of the Centering Pregnancy® program, women:
- Learn more about self-care
- Learn how to take their own vital signs
- Spend more time with their healthcare provider – sessions last 90 minutes
- Receive important stress management and nutritional information
- Learn more about parenting and newborn care
Women who participate in Centering Pregnancy® have increased breastfeeding success and decreased rates of preterm birth. In addition, studies have shown that women who participate in the Centering Pregnancy® program have a more positive labor and delivery experience.