Chapel Hill OB/GYN wants to make sure that you are aware of changes that are currently taking place at our offices to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. The health of our patients, visitors and staff is of the utmost priority. By taking precautionary measures, it is our goal to maintain the patient’s safety while providing the highest level of care. These include:
Now offering Telemedicine Appointments
- Telemedicine appointments can be via phone or video
- Call our office to schedule your Telemedicine appointment – our staff will guide you through the process
- Due to the current health crisis, many insurance plans are covering this option of care
In-Office Appointment Policies
- We are still accepting in-person appointments at this time at both of our locations, including for preventative and routine care
- Advising patients if they are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath, we request that they call the office to determine if their appointment should be postponed or rescheduled through our Telemedicine service
- Pre-Screening all patients before an upcoming in-person appointment
- The waiting room has been rearranged to encourage physical distance
- Patients can have at most one companion with them at any appointment (it is recommended that children not attend whenever possible)
- Postponing appointments or rescheduling with our Telemedicine appointment service for those who may have an increased likelihood of being exposed to the virus or had contact with potentially exposed people – call our office to schedule your Telemedicine appointment.
- Repetitive, extensive cleaning after all patient visits, including exam rooms, waiting room, and restrooms
- We are scheduling more time between appointments to reduce the number of patients in our office at one time.
- We encourage all patients to pre-register for their appointment. You can use the online patient portal to complete your paperwork prior to your visit. Pre-registering helps reduce time spent in our waiting area.
- If you are uncomfortable waiting in our waiting area, please call our office from the parking lot when you arrive and we will give you further instructions.
What to Expect for In-Office Appointments:
- Upon check-in you will be asked screening questions
- We will be taking a temperature reading on your forehead
- You will be required to wear a face covering while in the office
- A temperature over 100.0 or having symptoms of COVID-19 will mean you must reschedule
- Our employees will be wearing masks at all times
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your health and the health of our patients and staff is very important to us.
We recommend these trusted resources for the latest information on COVID-19:
North Carolina COVID-19 Hotline: 866-462-3821 (open 24 hours, 7 days a week)
See more updates from our office on Facebook.